Heartfelt Memorial Quotes for Dads and Grandads in Heaven
A lot of deliberation goes into creating a memorial for a loved one. It is more than just a headstone; it is the final goodbye that a family gets to say as they honor the departed’s treasured memories and time on earth. What is written on the gravestone is equally essential.
Aside from basic details, an inscription on the natural stone is emotionally meaningful. And in this post, we’ll present some loving memory father headstone inscriptions for Dad.
Inscriptions can be an epitaph, eulogy, or memorial quote. The message on the headstone is significant as it encapsulates the deceased’s life. For the family, it can offer them a source of comfort and some measure of closure during grieving and challenging times.
If you have a tough time coming up with words to pay tribute, we have compiled a list of memorial quotes and sayings for fathers and grandfathers below. We hope these quotes do justice to the life they lived.
Top Memorial Quotes for Dads
Losing a father is like losing a friend, guide, mentor, supporter, and much more than one cannot express using words. But we can surely try. We are sure you will find a quote close enough to portray your sentiments toward your loving father.
- “Something that is loved is never lost.” – Toni Morrison
- “My father taught me that even our most profound losses are survivable. And that is—it is what we do with that loss—our ability to transform it into a positive event—that is one of my father’s greatest lessons.” – Ted Kennedy
- “.. in losing him, I lost my greatest blessing and comfort, for he was always that to me.” – St. Teresa of Avil
- “Goodbyes are not forever, are not the end; it simply means I’ll miss you until we meet again.” – Unknown
- “Thank you for being such a fantastic role model in our lives. You taught us more than we could ever imagine, and we’re so grateful for those lessons.”
- “I love you every day. And now I will miss you every day.” – Mitch Albom
- “You were always there to pick me up when things got tough and remind me to keep going on. You were an amazing father, and I’m so thankful for our time together.”
- “Without you, the world is a little dimmer. We will always carry your memory with us wherever we go.”
- “As a father has compassion on his children, the Lord has compassion on those who fear him.”
- “A loving father, tender and kind, what a beautiful memory you left behind.”
Short Memorial Quotes for Dads
Sometimes, the shape or design of the headstone only allows a short quote. The family may be engraving the departed’s photo on the gravestone, and there’s a space crunch for a eulogy. The brief memorial sayings listed below can be an ideal option to commemorate them in words.
- “Dad, the world’s loss was heaven’s gain when God took you home.”
- “May the journey on your next adventure be as joy-filled as your time with us.”
- “To those who loved him, his memory never grows old.”
- “He shall receive in the world to come eternal life.”
- “In memory of an extraordinary man – our father.”
- “In our hearts forever – our loving father.”
- “The world is a better place because he was here.”
- “Say not in grief ‘he is no more but in thankfulness that he was.” – Hebrew Proverb
- “No goodbye can erase the memories we shared.” – Unknown
- “Dad, your guiding hand on my shoulder will remain with me forever.”
Loving Memory Quotes for Grandfather
Grandads are no less than dads in our lives. The stories they tell, the lessons they teach, and the wisdom they bestow upon us are unmatched. We all would love to spend more time with our grandparents. If you want to memorialize the precious little moments spent with our grandfathers, these quotes and sayings can help.
- “Once met, never forgotten.”
- “Grandfathers give us not only wisdom and encouragement, but they are an inspiration to us.” — Kate Summers
- “Known for making childhoods unforgettable.” — Anonymous
- “A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart.” — Anonymous
- “The world changes from year to year, our lives from day to day, but the love and memory of you shall never pass away.”
- “May my grandpa rest in peace, but may his love and strength live on through our family forever.”
- “He sowed seeds of love and wisdom here on earth that will continue to bloom forever. It’s time for Grandpa to rest in peace.”
- “A thousand years would not be long enough to learn all the lessons and wisdom our grandfather had to share.”
- “My grandfather loved big, lived large, and left a lasting legacy. There is nothing greater than to be loved by him.”
- “As we say goodbye to his physical presence, we are comforted knowing our grandfather’s spirit will always be a part of us.”
Heartfelt Memorial Quotes for Father Figures
Some of us have father figures in our lives. They support, guide, and cheer for us just like our dads do. So, if you also have lost a father figure recently or are remembering them, these thoughtful memorial quotes and sayings are ideal.
- “He who has achieved success has lived well, laughed often, and loved much.” — Bessie Anderson Stanley
- “It’s hard to forget someone who gave you so much to remember.”
- “It is not flesh and blood but the heart which makes us fathers and sons.” – Johann Friedrich Von Schiller
- “No matter where I am, your spirit will be beside me. I know you will always be with me no matter what.”
- “You may not be with me anymore, but my love for you will never die.”
- “Not a day goes by that I don’t think about you. I wish I still had your wisdom to guide me every day.”
- “You were the guiding light in my life, and every day I’m reminded how lucky I was to have you for as long as I did.”
- “You will always be in my heart because you’re still alive in there.”
- “A great soul serves everyone all the time. It never dies. It brings us together again and again.” – Maya Angelou
- “May each tear and each fond memory be a note of love rising to meet you.”
Grief can make even the simplest decisions, the most challenging ones. For instance, thinking of an inscription to go on the headstone. We know our love, respect, and adoration for our dads and grandads; however, when we think about the gravestone quote, it gets so difficult.
Take your time if you struggle with a quote to write on a plaque or headstone. Ask your friends and family for help, take inspiration from our blog, and sit with it for a while. The right words will eventually come to you! If you want to know more details about headstones, tombstones, monuments, and plaques, talk to our experts at Stone Discover.